Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Chemotherapy: DONE

Here is me telling my final dose of chemo what I really think of it:

Yesterday was my last chemo treatment! I'm about to slip into the depths of the side effects by tomorrow, but I hardly even care because it's the last one! I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has sent me good wishes and support through this crappy phase...I appreciate it more than you know!

Next it will be on to radiation, which will take about 7 weeks in all. That won't even get started until early March because they want all the chemo out of my system before zapping me with a laser beam 33 times. So I'm not out of the woods yet but at least Phase 1 (surgery) and Phase 2 (chemo) are now complete! There is less in front of me than there is behind me, in terms of treatment. As Homer Simpson would say...

Another gratuitous Simpsons reference

4 comments:

Rose said...

Wonderful news! I hope the radiation treatments go well and quickly for you.

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SOMEBODY! YOUR BOOBS ARE A PEARL! I am so happy you're chugging through it, and the middle finger is still firm and vertical -- AS IT SHOULD BE! We love you, Rose. You inspire me with every bird.

Gail said...

I am just finding this out...Congrats that it's over. xoxogail

Unknown said...

Congrats Rose!!! You are one bad ass woman.. I know you will kick radiations ass just like you did Chemo. Stay Strong!!! Love your Blog..

You May Also Like

Related Posts with Thumbnails